It’s inspiring to learn things about celebrities, especially ones we’ve always seen, heard, and liked from a distance but never really know much about them and what their story is.
Apart from all the naughty tidbits, dirty scandals, absurd rumors, and juicy gossip, we sometimes want to know more important details about them, like their struggles, pain, the road to fame and love life, and most importantly, whether they are happy.
So here in this article is information about the net worth of Ellen’s beautiful wife, Portia. Do well to keep reading.
What is Ellen’s Wife Portia de Rossi Net Worth?
Portia started in 1994 when she first starred as a maid in an Australian film series. She was cast in the slasher film Scream 2 a short while later.
As she emerged from the early days of her career, she accosted a comedic style that would later land her the notable role in the then-latest program, Arrested Development, as Lindsay Bluth.
In addition to her acting career and talent, Portia is also the CEO of General Republic, a notable company dedicated to the different mediums and areas of arts across the country.
She has a net worth of $50 million, and it is of note that much of Portia’s wealth is now added to that of her insanely wealthy wife, Ellen DeGeneres. Their real estate portfolio consists of 20+ Southern California properties worth a combined total of more than $370 million, according to housebeautiful.com.
Portia De Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres have amassed significant wealth through their house-flipping endeavors, contributing to Portia De Rossi’s net worth. Here’s a summary of the houses they’ve flipped:
- $1.275 Million Midcentury Home, Hollywood Hills (2004): DeGeneres purchased it for $1.275 million and sold it for $2.1 million a year later.
- $15.75 Million Mansion, Montecito (2007): Purchased for $15.75 million, sold for $20 million in 2011.
- $29 Million Compound, Beverly Hills (2008): Bought for $29 million, sold for $37 million in 2012.
- $8.5 Million Horse Ranch, Thousand Oaks (2008): Purchased for $8.5 million, sold for $10.85 million in 2013.
- $12 Million Beachfront Home, Malibu (2011): Bought for $12 million, sold for $13 million in 2012.
- $17.4 Million Historic Residence, Beverly Hills (2012): Purchased for $17.4 million, sold for $20 million in 2013.
- $26.5 Million Estate, Montecito (2013): Bought for $26.5 million, sold for $34 million in 2018.
- $40 Million Home, Holmby Hills (2014): Acquired for $40 million, sold for $55 million within six months.
- $13.2 Million Pair of Condominiums, Westwood (2014): Purchased for $13.2 million, sold for $11.85 million in 2017.
- $16 Million Villa, Beverly Hills (2014): Bought for $16 million, sold for $35 million in 2017.
- $7.2 Million Historic Home, Montecito (2017): Purchased for $7.2 million, sold for $11 million in 2018.
- $18.6 Million Mansion, Carpinteria (2017): Bought for $18.6 million, sold for $23 million in 2019.
- $15 Million John Elgin Woolf–Designed Mansion, Beverly Hills (2018): Purchased for $15 million, sold for $15.5 million.
- $6.7 Million Ranch, Santa Barbara (2018): Acquired for $6.7 million, sold for $6.98 million in 2019.
- $27 Million Mansion, Montecito (2019): Sold for $33.3 million in 2020.
- $45 Million Mansion, Beverly Hills (2019): Bought for $45 million, sold for approximately $47 million in 2021.
- $3.6 Million Home, Montecito (2020): Purchased for $3.6 million, sold to Ariana Grande for $6.7 million.
- $49 Million Estate, Montecito (2020): Sold for $49 million in September 2020.
- $13.5 Million Estate, Montecito (2021): Bought for $12 million, sold for $13.5 million in 2022.
- $21 Million Estate, Montecito (2023): Acquired a $21 million property, potentially at a discounted price.
These numerous successful property flips have contributed to Portia De Rossi’s growing net worth.
Portia’s Early Life
Portia’s Lee James DeGeneres, professionally known as Portia de Rossi, was born in Horsham, Victoria, Australia, on 31st January 1973.
Her mother was Magaret, and she worked as a medical receptionist, while her father, Barry Rogers, passed on when Portia was just nine years of age. Portia was born Amanda Lee Rogers before she later changed her name to Portia de Rossi.
Portia was raised in Grovedals, Victoria. As a little girl, she would often model for numerous television and print commercials.
She adopted the professional name Portia de Rossi when she was just fifteen years old, as she was inspired by William Shakespeare’s Portia, the character from the famous book ‘The Merchant of Vernice.’
De Rossi attended Geelong Grammar School and later enrolled at the University of Melbourne, where she studied law.
Portia de Rossi’s Career
Portia landed her first significant and important role on screen in 1994 when she played the role of a young model in the Australian film ‘Sirens.’ later, she moved to Los Angeles, California, where she began to land some good roles in various television shows.
She finally got a steady role in the ‘Nick Freno: Licensed Teacher’ sitcom. This permanent role helped her reach a wider audience, which later helped her land a role in the famous movie ‘Scream 2’ (1997).
From there, she became a permanent member of the ‘Ally McBeal’ show in 1998. also, her role as the sophisticated lawyer, Nelle Porter, helped her gain massive international attention, and she stayed with the show until the show ended in 2002.
De Rossi went on not to play a role in the film ‘Who is Cletis Tout?’ (2001), in addition to Christian Slater, Tim Allen, and Rupaul. She later starred as Lindsay Bluth in the TV program ‘Arrested Development’ from 2003 to 2006. a show she later reprised her role during the shows Netflix Revival in 2013, 2018, and 2019.
She then joined the cast of ‘Scandal’ in the show’s fourth season as the steady character Elizabeth North. She was later promoted to the show’s fifth season, where she was later killed off in the sixth season.
She also starred in the show ‘Nip/Tuck,’ playing the character of Olivia Lord, the girlfriend of Julia McNamara in the fifth season of the show; the show ‘Better Off Ted’ (2009-2010) as the character Veronica Palmer; Mockingbird Lane (2012), Sean Saves the World (2014), Santa Clarita Diet (2017), The Family Guy (2017), as well as Mister Sterling (20030.
Other films she has appeared include the famous television movie ‘America’s Prince: The John F. Kennedy Jr. Story (2003), in which she played the significant role of JFK Jr.’s wife, Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy; ‘The Night We Called It A Day (2003), where she played the role of an Australian reporter, ‘Cursed’ (2005), in which she played the role of a fortune teller in the thriller, and ‘Now Add Honey’ (2025).
In May 2018, Portia publicly announced her retirement from the Ellen DeGeneres show. Her retirement was because she was focusing on her work on the program ‘Arrested Development.’
She’d also published an autobiography ‘Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain’ (2010/, in which she openly discussed her struggles with her ex-husband, divorce, medical struggles, and battles with eating disorders.
Related Searches: Portia De Rossi Current Husband and Ex-Husband – Romantic History
Portia de Rossi’s Awards and Recognition
Portia de Rossi has been ranked several times as one of the 100 Sexiest Women’, Femme Fatales’ Sexiest Women. Maxims ‘ 100 Sexiest Women’, and People Magazine’s ‘100 Most Beautiful’.
Portia has won a Screen Actors Guild Award in 1999 as part of the cast of ‘Ally Mc Beal’ and also been nominated multiple times for the Screen Actors Guild Award for her works on ‘Arrested Development.
She won the Golden Satellite Award for Best Actress in Series, Comedy, and Musical for her work on Arrested Development 2005. She also won the Future Classic Award from the TV Land Awards in 2004, in which she shared the stage with her fellow Arrested Development cast members Jason Bateman, Alis Shawkat, Will Arnet, and Michael Cera, along with others.
Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres Relationship Timeline
Since their marriage on 16th August 2008, the lovely couple began appearing in various events, shows, and red carpets.
the couple shared a wonderful time in their married life together. In an interview, Ellen announced that her marriage life was the most fortunate event in her entire life.
She said that Portia is remarkable and that she is the most beautiful and enjoyed the connection between them.
well, this year had a lot of controversies and rumors regarding Portia. But, aside from all the drama, Portia publicly changed her name from Portia Lee James to Portia DeGeneres.
This year, there have been a lot of allegations and rumors about their divorce and separation. In a statement to Howard Stern, she debunked all of the rumors as a vile way to destroy their beautiful life with each other.
it was the month of Ellen’s birthday, and Portia celebrated and honored Ellen by presenting her with a gorilla sanctuary in honor of her life achievement.
To which Ellen replied as the best gift ever. Okay.
The couple celebrated 13 years together in a beautiful ceremony. Portia went online and shared with netizens and fans how kind and beautiful the years have been for them.
She talked about life together and how happy and cherished she feels every year with her wife.
Portia De Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres Divorce Rumors
There had been various rumors, allegations, and gossip about the couple’s divorce, separation, and baby adoption, in which several tabloids ate up like a bowl of Italian soup.
The tabloid said many things, like, in Ellen’s case, that she prefers working long hours in the studio to being with Portia and that she is mean and a workaholic.
It also said that given the grievous and tense moments between them, it would be a miracle if the duo did not file for a divorce.
However, the whole rumors and news and gossip were false, hoaxes, and a bunch of nonsense.
Ellen and Portia do not desire to adopt a baby, nor would they ever adopt one. Therefore, the public and tabloids should work with the couple and celebrate their life or leave them alone rather than printing and saying absurd things in the media.